Topics for the Solaris 10 Release
The following services or utilities are covered in this book:
- Perl 5
The Practical Extraction and Report Language (Perl) is a tool that can be used to generate scripts to assist with system administration tasks.
- Chapter 2, Managing Web Cache Servers
NCA provides improved web server performance by caching web pages.
- Chapter 3, Time-Related Services
NTP and time-related utilities can be used to synchronize time for many systems.
- Chapter 4, Managing Network File Systems (Overview)
NFS is a protocol that provides the ability to access file systems from a remote host.
- Chapter 7, SLP (Overview)
SLP is a dynamic service discovery protocol.
- Chapter 12, Mail Services (Overview)
Mail services allow for a message to be sent to one or more people while routing the message over whatever networks are necessary.
- Chapter 15, Solaris PPP 4.0 (Overview)
PPP is a protocol that provides point-to-point links between remote hosts.
- Chapter 24, UUCP (Overview)
UUCP enables hosts to exchange files
- Chapter 27, Working With Remote Systems (Overview)
These commands are used to access files on remote systems. The commands include ftp, rlogin and rcp.